Administrative Assistant Apply Now
Location: New York / New York
Salary: $85,000 - $100,000
Job ID: JN -062016-249
DescriptionGlobal Investor Relations: Administrative Assistant to Investor Relations team
This company is a privately-held registered investment advisory firm dedicated to alternative investing. The firm currently has about $27 billion in assets under management with over 370 employees, including more than 143 investment professionals. This position is in the Midtown Manhattan office.
Position: Providing administrative support for the Investor Relations team
This role is intended for someone who is experienced in an administrative support role supporting a group of senior level executives. This person must be eager to take initiative and can juggle multiple tasks while remaining organized and calm. The ideal candidate is someone who is truly engaged, enthusiastic, smart, and proactive.
In this role, the administrative assistant will be supporting 4 Marketers as well as backing up the administrative assistant as needed. Confidence, polished communications skills and professionalism are a must. This person must be a gatekeeper as they will be answering a heavy volume of calls from senior level executives and clients. Someone who works well in a fast pace/high-pressure environment will do well here.
Hours: 9am – 5:30pm (with flexibility for additional OT as needed)
• Heavy coordination of travel arrangements, itineraries and road show events, including hotel, cars, airfare, event space, etc. for multiple travelers
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, including organizing group meetings, setting up conference rooms, ordering food and beverages as appropriate, welcoming guests and cleaning up conference room after meetings
• Prepare/coordinate all materials for meetings & events, including presentations, agendas, name tags, etc.
• Heavy phone coverage - answer, screen and handle calls as appropriate
• Prepare and reconcile expense reports
• Sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and e-mail
• General clerical duties including, copying, faxing, scanning and filing
• Respond to basic client questions, as needed
• Provide backup coverage for other administrative assistants
• Special projects, as needed
• Experienced administrative assistant, preferably 7+ years of experience
• College degree or equivalent experience
• General understanding of the finance industry preferred
• Excellent computer skills required; MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients; possess the ability to work independently and with little or no supervision
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task when given time sensitive projects